Coaching is as yet completely unregulated in the UK, which means that anyone can set themselves up as a coach. This can make choosing a coach a particularly tricky business, unless you go down the route of personal recommendation.
I want you to know that you’re going to be safe in my hands, so I’ve put in place as many assurances (and insurances) as I can:
- I endorse and follow the codes of conduct of both the professional associations by which I’m accredited: the International Coach Federation and the General Hypnotherapy Register.
- I meet regularly with my supervisor so that I can review my coaching sessions in confidence and reflect on any issues that may have arisen. This practice acts as an external quality control of my coaching activities.
- My supervisor is Dee Cullen, a chartered occupational psychologist, an APECS (Association for Professional Executive Coaching and Supervision) accredited coach, and a master NLP practitioner. She is an experienced coach and supervisor who is also qualified in a number of psychological, psychometric, and counselling approaches. Dee has recently completed the Coaching Supervision Academy diploma.
- I carry full professional indemnity insurance.
- I have an enhanced disclosure certificate (number: 001301380760) from the Criminal Records Bureau, so I am able to work with children of all ages.
- In the interests of providing you with the best possible coaching practice and of keeping up with the state of the art, I am very committed to self-development. So far this year, I’ve explored the world of energetic NLP. Next up is coaching, neuro-science and ontology.